Emathar
ಠ_ಠ why are you not logged in? ಠ_ಠ

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Emathar
ಠ_ಠ why are you not logged in? ಠ_ಠ
Emathar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original purpose

3 posters

Go down

Original purpose  Empty Original purpose

Post  Terry Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Sorry for asking this, but someone had to at some point...

Do you have an idea on what the purpose of the sea trees are? (you can comment on it first, Aidan, but i'm putting my idea in the spoiler so I don't forget.)

Spoiler:
Terry
Terry
Admin

http://lazyredfox.com

Back to top Go down

Original purpose  Empty Re: Original purpose

Post  talllankywhiteboy Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 am

I cheated and looked at the spoiler first. My how things have changed.

First off, it remains to be seen whether the trees will actually be filled with oxygen. At the deeper ocean depths, physics makes it almost impossible. Before you go back to the "super-dense oxygen," there are other problems that arise from that situation. It would require the trees' foliage to be rigid in extreme, extreme pressure coming from both sides and be impenetrable. This messes up some of the fundamental ideas of the sea trees. I know you might not like me restricting Emethar to real-world physics, but we need to maintain the most basic principles of physics if we hope to have our world be believable to others.

The current plan is that the trees will offer a relatively lower-pressure water-filled environment. Before the Vaaren showed up, the trees were used as an environment for relatively smaller sea creatures. When the Vaaren show up on the scene, they get rid of most of these creatures and use them to house themselves.
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 am

talllankywhiteboy wrote:
First off, it remains to be seen whether the trees will actually be filled with oxygen.

I never said they had to be filled with oxygen! although i might have implied it, i didn't mean to. I was just saying that the tree would oxygenate the water. I like the low-pressure, oxygen-rich water inside the tree idea anyways.
Terry
Terry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 am

talllankywhiteboy wrote:but we need to maintain the most basic principles of physics if we hope to have our world be believable to others.

then what the heck is jar-jar and his race doing at the bottom of the lake on naboo? HMMM???

Terry
Terry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  talllankywhiteboy Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 am

Terry wrote:
talllankywhiteboy wrote:but we need to maintain the most basic principles of physics if we hope to have our world be believable to others.

then what the heck is jar-jar and his race doing at the bottom of the lake on naboo? HMMM???

You really want to bring a recent George Lucas movie into a discussion about realism? Oh! How about we have one of the Vaaren hop in a lead-lined fridge to survive the scourge?
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 pm

"But one winter day while I was walking past it, I had another idea. What if I took that same tree base and put in under water. The concept was that the folliage would be so thick that water couldn't penetrate it. A bubble of air could be contained within it, and the bubble could be filled with oxygen through a chemical process similar to photosynthesis. This would make it possible for humans to live inside of one under the ocean. It would be a bio-dome of sorts."

that's a quote from the wiki. If its no longer accurate, please change it!
Terry
Terry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  talllankywhiteboy Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:31 pm

It is totally accurate for what it said. It WAS going to be a biodome.

I'll get around to changing it eventually.
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:17 pm

Maybe I'm dense, but who says it can't still be?
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down