Emathar
ಠ_ಠ why are you not logged in? ಠ_ಠ

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Emathar
ಠ_ಠ why are you not logged in? ಠ_ಠ
Emathar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cordalliet Library

3 posters

Go down

The Cordalliet Library Empty The Cordalliet Library

Post  Terry Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:36 pm

So, the Cords have this huge library in their capital. And its rumored that there's a very large secret basement that is used for secret stuff.

heh, yeah, i'm creative today... (sarcasm)
Terry
Terry
Admin

http://lazyredfox.com

Back to top Go down

The Cordalliet Library Empty Re: The Cordalliet Library

Post  talllankywhiteboy Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 pm

And maybe in this secret room they have this book of secrets!
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 am

I think they should have a scroll that explains the meaning of an ancient and legendary trinket. It could even be writted by some dude who once owned the thing. scratch
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:03 pm

talllankywhiteboy wrote:And maybe in this secret room they have this book of secrets!

Everyone writes their secrets down in a book! duh!

heh, but really, there's this huge library. and it has secret stuff in it, because its so huge its easy to hide secret things secretively.

Its not a dungeon though.
Terry
Terry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Terry wrote:its easy to hide secret things secretively.
LOL

But yes, a giant library would be good. We could use it as a "realism" device - e.g. it's where the written grammar books, wordlists, and timelines were kept.
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  talllankywhiteboy Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Terry wrote:Its not a dungeon though.

But what if it was though! Wouldn't it be interesting if there were certain officials or other such individuals who had been enough of a pain to the powers that be that they are "sentenced" to be librarians there? To the general populace, it would be a great honor and be seen as an enjoyable job, and for most librarians it would be. But then there would be those unfortunate people who, for some reason, had been set up to earn the honor of an "appointment" to the library. Most people wouldn't realize what their sentence really meant, a virtual prison sentence being shut off from the rest of the world. Sure there would be a few people who would dissent, but (depending on who was in power) refusal would lead to a rather untimely accident. Most appointments would be for a given number of years (one to ten let's say for now) while there might be others distinguished enough to earn longer sentences or have their shorter appointments extended. The real troublemakers might be given a higher position at a distant, isolated "sister library."

What say you?
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Hm. Sounds like my job. Which makes it too "real-world" for our imaginary universe! XD
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 am

B_Rad12 wrote:Hm. Sounds like my job. Which makes it too "real-world" for our imaginary universe! XD

Hahaha! ahh well, gota related this stuff somehow.

Sure, sounds like a good idea to me.
Terry
Terry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Hey, Tolkien put his thoughts and experiences into the fabric of Middle-Earth, so why can't we?

I agree! We should have a library of imprisonment! Perhaps the word "Nevaark" means "library" in Mannish... Wink
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  talllankywhiteboy Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

B_Rad12 wrote:I agree! We should have a library of imprisonment! Perhaps the word "Nevaark" means "library" in Mannish... Wink

Glad you agree, but I just want to clarify my initial thoughts a little bit. While they would serve as a place of imprisonment, neither library would be completely devoted to that task. Actually, the second, distant library might have started out as an excuse to get someone as far away from the capital city as possible, but it would have been under the cover of an immense honor to the smaller city and would contain mostly well-thought of scholars.
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  talllankywhiteboy Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:37 pm

One more thing! If we really are going to roll with this idea, I want to talk about their locations a bit. The Vaaren king after the Scourge will probably end up sending messengers to one of these libraries to transcribe and translate the Vaaren's history and lore to paper. Which one of the libraries would be closer to the gulf of the Vaaren?
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum