Emathar
ಠ_ಠ why are you not logged in? ಠ_ಠ

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Emathar
ಠ_ಠ why are you not logged in? ಠ_ಠ
Emathar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender Roles

3 posters

Go down

Gender Roles Empty Gender Roles

Post  B_Rad Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm

While working on the language for these guys, I had an idea that I really like.

My idea is that Caedhean culture could be noted for its strong belief that men and women are equal - as both genders have 'arts' that are vital to the endurance of a society. This view of gender roles would be a natural result of the Ceidhyns' focus on the arts and skills that make civilization possible.

This idea will also help to make the language unique and very different compared to those of the other cultures. Interestingly, we will not see nouns differentiated by gender as we do in Kharimic. We will also not see distinct masculine and feminine proper name suffixes like the ones that exist in the language of the Vaaren.

Sound good?
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Gender Roles Empty Re: Gender Roles

Post  Terry Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Sounds good to me.

Lets also think of ways in which the Caedhon culture is degraded, un-fair and ugly! Realism is key!
Terry
Terry
Admin

http://lazyredfox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm

One thing we could do is have the group of people who practice a certain "art" have more power in the society than other guilds.

A possible reason for this is that a King naturally has to be better or more interested in one area over the others.

This could all create conflict and resentment between the guilds of the various arts. The hoped for utopian vision of the culture of artisans would be revealed to be a source of contention.
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  talllankywhiteboy Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:32 am

Terry wrote:Sounds good to me.

Lets also think of ways in which the Caedhon culture is degraded, un-fair and ugly! Realism is key!
I imagine an underlying sense of vanity would be a good place to start. Perhaps throw in a great value onto works of art or craftsmanship, sometimes a greater value than a human life. An unhealthy sense of sexuality could periodically become stylish, resulting in some morally questionable work.
talllankywhiteboy
talllankywhiteboy

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Rad Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I like it. We could definitely incorporate both ideas at different points in the history of these folks.

Terry, add it to the Encyclopedia!
B_Rad
B_Rad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum